Lake Chelan School District is accepting Choice Transfer Requests
The Lake Chelan School District is accepting Choice Inter-District Transfer requests for the 2021-2022 school year. The Lake Chelan School District Procedure 3141 states, “The enrollment of a nonresident student is limited to one (1) school year. Choice Transfers must be renewed for each school year.”
If you would like your child to continue his/her education in our district, please:
- Complete a Choice Transfer Request from your resident school district or use the new Choice Transfer Request Portal (CTRP) link: https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us/ChoiceTransferRequest
- Your resident school district will contact Lake Chelan School District to complete the Choice Transfer process.
- Open enrollment for 2021-2022 Choice Transfers is May 1, 2022 – June 22,2022. Please contact your resident district to request release by June 24, 2022.
If your request is received after June 24, 2022, you may be put on a waiting list.
The school principal and superintendent will accept or reject an application for nonresident admission based upon the following standards:
- Whether space is available in the grade level or classes at the building in which the student desires to be enrolled;
- Whether appropriate educational programs or services are available to improve the student’s condition as stated in requesting release from his or her district of residence; and
- Whether the student’s attendance in the district is likely to create a risk to the health or safety of other students or staff.
- Whether the student’s disciplinary records indicate a history of violent or disruptive behavior or gang membership (a gang means a group of three or more persons with identifiable leadership that on an ongoing basis regularly conspires and acts in concert mainly for criminal purposes).
- Whether the student has been expelled or suspended from a public school for more than ten consecutive days, in which case the student may apply for admission under the district’s policy for readmission of expelled students.
- Choice requests may be revoked at the end of a grading period if the student has difficulties with academic progress, attendance, tardiness, discipline, or if continued enrollment poses a risk to the health or safety of other students or staff.
Once the request is processed in accordance with District Board Policy 3141 you will be notified by mail or email. For questions please contact Georgia Mashayekh, Choice Coordinator, at 509-682-3515 or via email at email@example.com .