The School Board is a policy-making body of our school district. The Board is responsible and accountable for planning, policy, advocacy, and evaluation. Specifically, the board’s mission lies in the following:
- Adopting District Policy
- Planning and assessing short-term and long-term goals
- Realizing the Strategic Plan
- Acting as a liaison between the community and the District
- Selecting and evaluating the Superintendent
- Advocating for students, the District and public education
- Approving a budget that reflects the priorities of the District and a responsible use of funds
The School Board is focused on the mission of the District:
In partnership with the parents and the community, the Lake Chelan School District will provide an educational environment in which all students will maximize academic potential, demonstrate respect for individual differences, prepare themselves for future employment, have opportunities for life-enriching activities, become successful life-long learners and active participants in stewardship of their community.
Organization of the Board:
The Board of Directors is made up of five citizens of the school district, representing three director districts and consisting of two “at large” positions. Directors are elected by and represent all citizens of the school district regardless of boundary. Each board member is elected to a four-year term. Members, by choice, serve without pay. A President and Vice-President are elected annually. And a Legislative Representative is elected every two years.